Investing in property
Whether you are looking at buying your first home, upgrading your current home or looking for an investment property, Jade Financial Group, Financial Advisers in Ipswich can help you.
Buying your first home is an exciting and daunting time. It will be one of the largest investments of your life and, if done properly, can start you on your way to financial security.
At the other end of the scale, once the family home is paid off – or a reasonable amount of it – you may start to look at other ways of building wealth. This could mean buying an investment property.
Common questions to consider
Some questions you may wish to consider include:
For the first home buyer:
- How much money can I borrow?
- How do I choose which home loan is best for me?
- How much do I need to save for a deposit?
- What is the First Home Owner Grant?
- How do I know if I am eligible for the First Home Owner Grant?
- How much money will I need to set aside for stamp duty?
For the investor:
- Is it better to put all my spare money into paying off my mortgage or should I consider other investments?
- Am I better to invest my extra money in property or shares?
- Are there tax advantages to owning an investment property?
- Do I have to pay tax on an investment property?
- Are there other ways I can invest in property, apart from directly buying a property myself?
- Am I better off investing directly in property or managed funds?
How we can help
- Review your income to help decide how much you can borrow and how to save for your deposit.
- Advise you on the First Home Buyer Grant.
- Identify options to fund an investment property.
- Look at realistic amounts you can borrow based on your current financial commitments and plans.
- Set a budget to cover your mortgage commitments.
- Advise on strategies to minimise tax.
- Review, recommend and organise appropriate insurance.
- Recommend if you need to create or review your Will.
What to do next
If you want us to help you decide how to invest contact Jade Financial Group , Financial Advisers in Ipswich on Ph: 07 3202 2470.